As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, our #1 goal at all times is to protect the health of our patients, our team members, and our community. In light of this, we’d like to take this opportunity to answer recent questions very regularly asked.
My work schedule has changed, and I now have time to see Dr. Gray, can I make an appointment or is the office closed?
Yes! We are in the office and actively seeing patients for in-person and remote consultations, follow-up appointments, non-surgical hair restoration treatments, and hair transplant procedures.
I think I’m interested in a hair transplant. Could I schedule one during this time while my work schedule is more flexible?
With time off from work, or working from home, this is an excellent opportunity to have a procedure done if you have been thinking about it. We encourage everyone to schedule a one-on-one consultation now with Dr. Gray in person or over the phone to get all of your questions answered while you have the time.
What are you doing about the number of staff in your office during this time? Will this impact any treatments?
We are a private boutique practice, and Dr. Gray is the only physician in our office. Dr. Gray already conducts all consultations, follow-up appointments, and treatments himself, so there is no change to our treatment protocol. There could be a maximum of two other essential employees in the office during your appointment, and that’s it. We are easily able to limit the number of people in our office at the same time.
Will I be in contact with other patients?
No. We already schedule patients one at a time for privacy reasons, meaning we try to only have one patient in our office at a time. Now, we are taking it a step further and asking all patients to call/text us when they arrive. We will let them know if we are ready to see them, or if they need to hang out for a few minutes in their car while we finish up with the current patient. Also, we are requesting all patients limit any family members or friends they may bring to one person per patient.
What safety precautions are you taking?
We are doing several things.
1. We are screening all patients before their appointment. Specifically asking:
- Have you recently traveled to an area with known local spread of COVID-19?
- Have you come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a laboratory confirmed COVID – 19 diagnosis in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a fever (greater than 100.4 F or 38.0 C) OR symptoms of lower respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or sore throat?
- Are you a first responder, healthcare worker, or employee or attendee of a child or adult care facility?
2. We are screening our own staff to make sure they are healthy.
3. Because discussions about your hair can require Dr. Gray to get closer in proximity to your head, he, as well as all of our staff, wear face masks and gloves for protection.
4. We thoroughly sanitize all surfaces after every patient.
Please watch the video above to get a better sense of our office environment, and let us know if you have any questions!